How should I season my wok?
- Wash the Wok: Use a steel scrubbing pad and dish soap to remove the coating that comes with the unseasoned woks. Rinse with HOT water.
- Dry the Wok: Dry the wok thoroughly to prevent rusting by placing it over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until no water droplets are visible.
* Make sure your kitchen is well ventilated before continuing the seasoning process.
- Heat the Wok: Place wok on stove burner and set on high. To test heat of wok flick water into the wok. Your wok is ready to begin seasoning when flicked water droplets evaporates within 1 to 2 seconds.
- Take off Heat, Add Oil: Remove the wok from the heat. Once the wok has cooled for a few minutes add 2 tablespoons of oil. Swirl oil to coat the bottom and all the sides.
- Add Aromatics: Place wok back on the heat and add scallions and ginger.
- Reduce Heat & Stir-fry: Turn to medium heat and smear the aromatics all around for 15-20 minutes. (If wok becomes too dry add 1 tablespoon of oil).
- Cool & Wash: Let your wok cool, discarding all aromatics and rinse with hot water.
- Dry Wok: Set on low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until no water droplets are visible.
- Your Wok is Ready.
What material is the Ken Hom Wok made of?
Carbon steel which offers great heat conduction making it ideal for high heat, high speed cooking - essential elements for stir-frying.
Do these woks have a non-stick surface?
Yes, the non-stick surface is a hard-wearing coating from Whitford, one of the most trusted in the industry. To enhance the longevity of the non-stick coating, it is recommended that wooden, silicone or nylon tools be used. Metal utensils that can scratch should be avoided. Should the coating become scratched, it is highly recommended that a thin coating of cooking oil be applied to the inner surface of the wok to prevent further rusting.
Can my wok go inside the oven?
No, it is not recommended to put your Ken Hom wok into an oven or grill, due to the handle material. Ken Hom Woks are suitable for cooking on gas, electric and ceramic ovens / stovetops
My handle has become loose, why is this?
The handle is detachable, simply align the notches at the base then twist the metal end clockwise.
Can I use metal tools in my wok?
Woks are not metal tool safe, we recommend, wooden or silicone tools.
How do I clean my wok cookware?
To clean, handwash with hot water and mild deterrgent if desired. Do not use scouring powder, abrasives or metal scourers as they may damage the non-stick coating. Thoroughly dry with a clean cloth. Do not place Ken Hom Classic Woks in the dishwasher. Ken Hom Excellence Woks are dishwasher safe.
Who is Ken Hom?
Ken Hom is acknowledged as one of the world's leading experts on authentic Chinese and Asian cooking. Not only is he passionate about using high-quality ingredients, but also highly effective cookware and accessories. This commitment to great flavour and quality is why the Ken Hom wok range is one of the world's longest lasting brand names in cookware. Ken has been working with DKB Household to manufacture great quality cookware since 1986. Every single product across all the ranges are tried by Ken himself to ensure only the best products are produced with his seal of approval. This is in conjunction with his regular TV appearances, writing over 35 cookery books and also working as an ambassador of the Great British Food campaign with the government to help showcase the best Britain has to offer. In 2009, Ken was awarded Officer of the Order of the British Empire for service to the Culinary Arts and honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Golden Chopsticks event. Over 7 million of Ken Hom's Woks have been sold internationally to happy customers.
What payment methods do you accept?
Ken Hom Woks accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal. Once your order has been received and your payment information has been verified, your payment will be processed and Ken Hom Woks will appear on your billing statement.
Do you offer bulk discounts?
Yes, if you are interested in ordering a large quantity of items you may qualify for volume pricing discounts. Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for customers to save big on large, bulk orders on most items available in our store. Please send a bulk order request
to our friendly sales staff so they may create a quote and provide personal service for your order! You will receive a response within 1-2 business days and our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm CST.
Bulk Order Request
Is there a product warranty on my Ken Hom Wok?
Yes, We offer a 1 year guarantee on the Classic range of Ken Hom Woks and a 2 year guarantee on the Excellence Range of Ken Hom Woks. If your Ken Hom product is defective to the extent that you believe it is covered by our warranty. Please fill out our warranty form
to contact our warranty department.
Do you have any deals or promotions going on now?
Yes, please visit our "Daily Deals" page to view our current offers. You may also subscribe to our email offers using the email sign up box toward the bottom of the page.
View Daily Deals