Frequently Asked Questions
Use and Care instructions
- For first time use simply wash the wok with a mild detergent and rinse with water. Wipe dry with a paper towel or cloth.
- The wok may be used on all hob types including induction.
- If used on a glass-topped hob do not slide the wok over the glass surface as this can lead to scratching damage.
- To prevent overbalancing always place the wok centrally over the trivet.
- Do not leave the item unattended whilst cooking.
- Provided the oil in the wok is smoking and the food sizzles, there is no need to turn the heat up any higher. (Olive oil is not recommended, as this will burn quicker than vegetable based oils.) Move the food continuously to ensure it all comes in contact with the base of the wok.
- If the food becomes dry and sticks together whilst being cooked, do not add more oil. One or two tablespoons of water will achieve the same results and prevent the food from becoming oily.
- To achieve maximum efficiency match up the correct size heating plate/ring to the size of the base.
- Should the items become severely overheated turn off the cooker and leave to cool before removing from the hob.
- Take care not to place the handle over direct heat or a naked flame.
- If the handle of the wok becomes loose, please retighten before use.
- This Wok is metal tool suitable, however, to prolong the life of the coating, it is recommended that excessive use of sharp implements is avoided. For best results, use wooden or plastic utensils.
- Clean the wok with hot water and a mild detergent. The wok can be left to soak in the event of any burnt food. Do not use metal scouring pads, as they will damage the non-stick coating.
- The wok may be used in a dishwasher, however it is advisable to take the wok out of the dishwasher once the dishwasher cycle is complete and dry it thoroughly using a soft cloth.
- A wok left to dry naturally, or that is left for a period of time in damp conditions may stain or discolor, therefore always dry thoroughly before storage.
- Any wooden/bamboo accessories must not be placed in a dishwasher.
For woks with a glass lid please read the following:
- If the handle on the wok lid becomes loose, please retighten before use.
- Clean the wok lid with hot water and a mild detergent. The lid can be left to soak in the event of any burnt-on food.
- Do not use any abrasive on the glass lid and ensure that it does not become scratched as this can lead to breakage.
- The glass lid may be placed in a dishwasher, however it is advisable to take it out of the dishwasher once the dishwasher cycle is complete and dry it thoroughly using a soft cloth.
- A glass lid left to dry naturally, or that is left for a period of time in damp conditions may stain or discolor, therefore always dry thoroughly before storage.
How should I season my wok?
- Wash the Wok: Use a steel scrubbing pad and dish soap to remove the coating that comes with the unseasoned woks. Rinse with HOT water.
- Dry the Wok: Dry the wok thoroughly to prevent rusting by placing it over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until no water droplets are visible.
* Make sure your kitchen is well ventilated before continuing the seasoning process.
- Heat the Wok: Place wok on stove burner and set on high. To test heat of wok flick water into the wok. Your wok is ready to begin seasoning when flicked water droplets evaporates within 1 to 2 seconds.
- Take off Heat, Add Oil: Remove the wok from the heat. Once the wok has cooled for a few minutes add 2 tablespoons of oil. Swirl oil to coat the bottom and all the sides.
- Add Aromatics: Place wok back on the heat and add scallions and ginger.
- Reduce Heat & Stir-fry: Turn to medium heat and smear the aromatics all around for 15-20 minutes. (If wok becomes too dry add 1 tablespoon of oil).
- Cool & Wash: Let your wok cool, discarding all aromatics and rinse with hot water.
- Dry Wok: Set on low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until no water droplets are visible.
- Your Wok is Ready.
What material is the Ken Hom Wok made of?
What is a phenolic handle
Do these woks have a non-stick surface?
Can my wok go inside the oven?
My handle has become loose, why is this?
Can I use metal tools in my wok?
How do I clean my wok cookware?
How can I save my wok from scratching my induction hub?
Who is Ken Hom?
Do you offer bulk discounts?
Is my wok induction safe?
KH320001U - not induction compatible due to thickness of steel
KH431001U - induction compatible
KH430006U - induction compatible
KH436003U - induction compatible
Is there a product warranty on my Ken Hom Wok?
providing all instructions above are followed
WEB ORDER QUESTIONS
How can I place an order with Ken Hom?
Orders can only be placed online via our website. We do not have the ability to take orders by phone, email or mail order.
How long will it take me to get my order?
We aim to ship orders from our warehouse within 2 business days after you have completed your order. Some addresses not within mainland USA or in remote areas may take longer. Overall, please allow 3-5 days to receive your order from the date of your order confirmation.
*Please note: We do not ship to P.O. Box addresses. All shipping addresses must be a physical address.
What happens if my shipment shows delivered but I do not have it.
Please allow 24 hours from the date the package shows delivered before reporting the package as lost or stolen. Please check with all family members and neighbors to verify no one else has received the package on your behalf. If package has not been located after 24 hours, please contact us so that an investigation can be started and a replacement can be sent via “Signature Required.”
For terms of website use, click here.