Wok cooking is easy, quick and healthy; making a delicious stir-fry perfect for a mid-week dinner for the whole family. Prepare all your ingredients before you start cooking as it will only take a few minutes once in the wok. Once everything is chopped and ready to go, add a little oil and heat until the oil is smoking hot and you're ready to start cooking. Why not try whipping up a tasty and healthy bowl of Singapore rice noodles with lots of seasonal fresh vegetables and some fragrant red chilies and coriander leaves.
- Lightweight aluminum wok finished with a three layer non-stick coating designed for stir-frying at high temperatures and with less oil
- 12 in. wok is coated inside and outside to provide a robust sealed coating for long-lasting performance
- Flat base ensures the wok is well-balanced so it doesn't topple over when set on oven
- Wok is suitable for cooking on gas, electric and ceramic ovens.
- Induction Compatible
- Comprised out of a sturdy aluminum designed for rapid and maintained heat conduction
- Ideal for high heat, high speed cooking - essential elements for stir-frying
- Built-in pouring spout for added convenience
- Dishwater safe - it is advisable to remove wok once the washer's cycle is finished
- Do not use scrubbing powder, abrasives or metal scourers as they may damage the non-stick coating. Thoroughly dry with a clean cloth
- If the contents look dry whilst cooking try adding a splash or water or stock rather than more oil.
Usage and Care Instructions
Before First Use
Remove all packaging and labels and wash the wok in hot soapy water using a mild detergent. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Using The Wok The wok cannot be used on induction hobs, however it is suitable for all other cooker types. We recommend that you also refer to your hob manufacturer’s usage instructions. Not suitable for use in conventional or microwave ovens. Should the handle become loose during use, please retighten immediately. Always match the base size of the wok to the heat zone it is to be used on. Add the oil to the wok then heat carefully until small “ripples” appear on the surface of the oil. Do not let the oil become smoking hot. If this should occur let the wok cool down before proceeding.
Olive oil, including extra virgin, is not recommended for stir-fry cooking as it has a low smoking point. It can easily burn which may damage the wok. During cooking, if the ingredients start to become dry or stick together, add one or two tablespoons of hot water and continue stir-frying; do not add more oil as this may make the finished recipe too oily. If used on a glass-topped hob always lift the wok on, off or across the surface. Never slide the wok as this may cause damage to the wok base as well as to the glass. Take care not to let the wok overbalance during use and never leave the wok unattended during cooking.
Heat Settings and Cooking Utensils
Take care not to overheat the wok; it should never be used on a maximum or too high a heat setting as excessive surface temperatures will damage the non-stick coating. Keep gas flames confined to the base area; they should not extend up around the outside of the wok as this could cause overheating and lead to damage. Take care not to place the
handle over direct heat or a naked flame. Never use knives or metal utensils with sharp edges on the non-stick surface.
Let the wok cool down for a few minutes before cleaning. For any stubborn food residue fill with hot soapy water and leave to soak. Only use cleaning pads recommended for non-stick surfaces. Do not use metal pads, harsh abrasive or very stiff pads/washing up brushes or abrasive cleaning products on any surface. Hand wash the wok only, it is not dishwasher safe.
The wok is covered by a 2 year guarantee, from date of purchase, if used in accordance with all care and use instructions provided.