This 12 in. wok makes stir-frying quick and easy
Lightweight by design, the Excellence Non-stick Carbon Steel 12 in. Wok features a flat bottom that ensures ease of use. The carbon steel wok is versatile enough to be the perfect fit for most stoves including the gas, electric and ceramic variety. The application of a superior non-stick coating ensures a long-lasting performance that allows this wok to be of everyday use in the kitchen. Stir-fry cooking is all about being quick, easy and healthy. This nonstick carbon steel wok provides everything you need to achieve these goals in the kitchen.
This wok can handle the heat
Comprised out of a sturdy 1.5 mm gauge (thickness) carbon steel, this nonstick wok offers great heat conduction, making it ideal for high heat and high speed cooking. This carbon steel wok features a phenolic handle that ensures ease of use while providing an optimal balance that will discourage toppling. A helper handle has also been included to ease the process of lifting the non-stick wok off of hot surfaces. The nonstick coating of the Excellence Wok is suitable for use with metal utensils. Should the coating become scratched, it is highly recommended that a thin coating of cooking oil be applied to the inner surface of the wok to prevent further rusting.
Non-stick for easy cleaning
A non-stick coating also means that the 12 in. wok is easy to clean by hand with hot water. Mild detergent can also be applied if desired. Remaining stubborn food can be left to soak for a few minutes. Avoid using any harsh scrubbing products as this may damage the wok's non-stick coating. Thoroughly dry with a clean soft cloth when finished. The phenolic handle has been crafted to ensure ease of use while offering a traditional sense of style. The handle is secured tightly to the wok with two rivets, so you can be assured it won't become loose or wobbly over time. The large metal loop on the end allows for easy storage as you can simply hang up your wok when not in use.
Perfect for quick meals
The 12 in. wok has been designed with an ideal cooking capacity for 3 to 4 people. To begin cooking, place your wok on the center of an oven ring and then heat up gently with cooking oil. Once the oil is smoking hot, add your selected ingredients and begin cooking. The wok's nonstick coating means you won't need to turn the oven up to full heat. As long as you keep stirring and the food is sizzling, the 12 in. wok will cook quickly and evenly.
Q: What material is the Ken Hom Wok made of?
A: Carbon steel which offers great heat conduction making it ideal for high heat, high speed cooking - essential elements for stir-frying.
Q: How should I season my wok?
Here are the steps to seasoning your work:
- Wash the Wok: Use a steel scrubbing pad and dish soap to remove the coating that comes with the unseasoned woks. Rinse with HOT water.
- Dry the Wok: Dry the wok thoroughly to prevent rusting by placing it over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until no water droplets are visible.
* Make sure your kitchen is well ventilated before continuing the seasoning process.
- Heat the Wok: Place wok on stove burner and set on high. To test heat of wok flick water into the wok. Your wok is ready to begin seasoning when flicked water droplets evaporates within 1 to 2 seconds.
- Take off Heat, Add Oil: Remove the wok from the heat. Once the wok has cooled for a few minutes add 2 tablespoons of oil. Swirl oil to coat the bottom and all the sides.
- Add Aromatics: Place wok back on the heat and add scallions and ginger.
- Reduce Heat & Stir-fry: Turn to medium heat and smear the aromatics all around for 15-20 minutes. (If wok becomes too dry add 1 tablespoon of oil).
- Cool & Wash: Let your wok cool, discarding all aromatics and rinse with hot water.
- Dry Wok: Set on low heat for 1 to 2 minutes until no water droplets are visible.
- Your Wok is Ready.
Q: Do these woks have a non-stick surface?
A: Yes, the non-stick surface is a hard-wearing coating from Whitford, one of the most trusted in the industry. To enhance the longevity of the non-stick coating, it is recommended that wooden, silicone or nylon tools be used. Metal utensils that can scratch should be avoided. Should the coating become scratched, it is highly recommended that a thin coating of cooking oil be applied to the inner surface of the wok to prevent further rusting.
Q: Can my wok go inside the oven?
A: No, it is not recommended to put your Ken Hom Wok into an oven or grill, due to the handle material. Ken Hom Woks are suitable for cooking on gas, electric and ceramic ovens / stovetops
Q: My handle has become loose, why is this?
A: The handle is detachable, simply align the notches at the base then twist the metal end clockwise.
Q: Is my wok metal tool safe?
A: Yes, the Ken Hom Excellence Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok is metal tool safe.
Q: How do I clean my wok cookware?
A: To clean, hand wash with hot water and mild detergent if desired. Do not use scouring powder, abrasives or metal scourers as they may damage the non-stick coating. Thoroughly dry with a clean cloth. Do not place Ken Hom Classic Woks in the dishwasher. Ken Hom Excellence Woks are dishwasher safe.
Q: What is a phenolic handle?
A: This handle has controlled conductivity, preventing excessive heat transfer.